The nation’s largest green living event will make its sixth trip to America’s capital on October 10 & 11, 2009 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center. This year, Green Festival will highlight sustainability issues that have recently been in headlines and town halls across the nation – from climate solutions and green jobs to local food and fostering strong local communities. This green living fest is perfect for the tree hugger and the newly greener living family! It is also a great way to learn more about living an eco-friendly lifestyle.
Green Festival celebrates what’s working in our communities for people, businesses and the environment. A joint project of Global Exchange and Green America, two leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to environmental and social justice for more than twenty-five years, Green Festival is a forum to explore and build sustainable solutions for communities and the environment. The Washington, D.C. Green Festival will host 125 visionary speakers, 350 local and national green businesses, and dozens of community and nonprofit groups.
The wide selection of workshops, speakers and panelists will cover topics both local and international in scope.
Washington, D.C. Green Festival Highlights
- Nationally renowned speakers such as Dr. Cornel West, Princeton Professor and Author of Hope on a Tightrope, Ed Begley, Jr., actor/activist and spokesperson for GreenSwitch, Lester Brown, MacArthur Fellow and founder and president of Earth Policy Institute, Naomi Davis, attorney, entrepreneur, activist who founded BIG: Blacks in Green, Jacqueline DeCarlo of Fair Trade the White House, Amy Goodman, award-winning journalist and host of Democracy Now!
- Fair Trade Pavilion
- Green Careers and Education Area
- Organic Valley Green Kids’ Zone
- Youth in Action Pavilion
- Hemp Pavilion
- Socially Responsible Investing
- The Fair Trade Café
- Organic Beer & Wine Garden
- Eco-tourism and Eco-fashion
- Green Film Festival
- Community Action Center
- Green Home Pavilion featuring hands-on workshops
- Live Music
- Yoga and Movement Room
Event Details: Washington, D.C. Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW, Washington, D.C. 20001 October 10 & 11, 2009 Saturday 10AM – 7PM Sunday 11AM – 6PM $29 weekend pass for 2 people plus free Green Festival T-Shirt and 1 year membership to Global Exchange $15 per person- all-access for one or both days. $10 per person ($5 off admission) for students with ID, seniors over 62, bike riders with a ticket from the Green Festival Bike Valet, bus riders with transfer ticket/bus pass
FREE: Children 18 and under, Green America or Global Exchange members
For more information and to download the program guide, please visit: www.greenfestivals.org
Green Festival Partners: Organic Valley, Simple Shoes, 94.7 The Globe, Pangea Organics, MOM’s, WUSA