I am always looking for new ways to green our home and on the look-out for eco friendly products. The last few weeks I have been cosidering new kitchen countertops and have been doing research on different kitchen countertop options. After looking at recycled glass countertops, concrete countertops and pure glass countertops, I have decided to go with a pure glass kitchen countertop. Many facors went into the decision, such as the fact that ThinkGlass countertops require no sealing (which eliminated addition chemicals, they release no emissions, they are 100% recycleable and heat, chemical and mold resistant. ThinkGlass countertops are sustainable and an eco-friendly addition to any home.
10 Reasons Thinkglass Countertops Are a Must for the Eco Kitchen or Bath
- The are a beautiful geen home project!
- Countetops are 100% fully recyclable.
- Reduced impact on the environment compared to other contertop options.
- THINKGLASS can be used in the context of LEED® for Homes and NAHB Model Green Home projects.
- Glass countertops are as strong and durable as any common natural stone or man-made countertop material.
- Glass is non porous, making it the most hygienic material available for kitchen countertops.
- No sealing needed like granite, concrete, recycled glass or paper countertops, making it a healthier choice.
- Can endure high heat without cracking or scorching.
- ThinkGlass countertops are attractive and produced in a socially responsible manner!
- THINKGLASS creations come out of a fusion process – hence free of any adhesive or sealant potentially containing urea-formaldehyde resins and other harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Not only are ThinkGlass countertops an eco-friendly choice they are also absoutley beautiful. With concerns about hygiene, radon emission from other material like granite, safety and the environment, pure glass is a clear winner, says Bertrand Charest, President of ThinkGlass.
The image to the left is just one example of the beauty these countetops feature.
Lets compare some different countertop materials
|GLASS COUNTERTOPS (ThinkGlass)
||TILE COUNTERTOPS (Ceramic, Porcelain)
||RECYCLED GLASS (Vettrazzo, Icestone)
||SOLID SURFACE COUNTERTOPS (Corian)
As you can see from the comparason, ThinkGlass countertops are a healthier choice. Charest says, “Glass countertops are suitable to a wide range of clients, from the baby boomer who wants to entertain to the young family who wants to have an easy-to-clean countertop. With two young children, Charest knows a thing or two about spilled juice glasses and kids using felt pens on countertops. The good thing with glass countertops is that with just a bit of water and a cloth, you can clean it within seconds.”
For the family with small children, there is no need to worry about glass around the kids, as the countertop glass is very thick and will not break.