It’s almost Mothers Day again! EcoBold.com founder, Steffany Boldrini, is helping us green Mother’s Day. She says: “The biggest gift your mom wants is to spend quality time with you“. It’s the truth, I admit, as I’m hoping my children will just enjoy the day with me! Maybe a homemade card or breakfast in bed, but most of all, I want to spend time with the little ones to reflect the past year.
Each Mother’s Day I enjoy taking some time and looking over photos. With 5 kids, I have a ton of photos and love looking back on the past years. It always amazes me how fast time flies and how big my children have grown. This is something the entire family can do, and costs nothing more than time!
Steffany (EcoBold.com founder) offers her top 5 ideas, to have fun while going green this Mother’s Day! Check them out and enjoy a great day with mom!
1. Begin Mother’s Day with a fresh start at the farmers’ market! You can get organic fruits and veggies that are cheaper than your supermarket, and your food only traveled a few miles rather than hundreds (if not thousands) to get to you. You’re also supporting your local farmers!
If your mom has never shopped a farmers market, you will not only be sharing time with her, but teaching her a new “green” skill; local shopping!
2. Get mom a composting bin and start one together! She will not only save hundreds of pounds of scraps from going to landfills but she will also save a lot of money and will soon be making her own fertilizer! How proud could you be of her?!
3. Show her how to cancel junk mail. Ok, this might not be the funnest thing to do, but after you spend a few minutes on the net you’ll save her several hours in the future! Here are some links your mom will be forever thankful for:
- Cancel catalogs: http://www.catalogchoice.org
- Cancel junk mail: http://www.dmachoice.org
- Cancel credit card offers: http://www.optoutprescreen.com
This will save many trees from being unnecessarily cut, and you’ll also give her much more time to spend with you.
4. After Mother’s Day lunch, go for a hike with her. Going for a hike in a nearby park instead of a 45-minute workout on a treadmill will save nearly 2 pounds of the main greenhouse gas. It also helps you work out many more muscles compared to the flat treadmill, not to mention you’ll be breathing fresher air!
5. If you want to give her a gift, every mom loves to pamper herself, by giving her a natural and organic skin care treatment you’re pampering her safely! See our recommended organic skin care line here: http://www.ecobold.com or check out these last minute eco-friendly Mother’s Day gift ideas!
How do you celebrate Mother’s Day?