Teaching your kids about the environment and living an eco-friendly lifestyle is important. If they become informed then they will better understand the devastation we are doing to the earth and it will hopefully teach them the benefits of green living.
There are a lot of great tools online to help teach your child about these topics – here are 5 of them:
1) Environmental Education for Kids from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – This website offers free information to help children recycle, plant trees, conserve water and learn about nature.
There are a number of useful pages on the website including:
2) The Essentials of Living Green with Children from Dummies.com- This guide from Dummies.com goes over a variety of tools that can help your child learn about green living. Here are some of the topics the website goes over:
3) A Walk in the Woods from the University of Illinois- This website aims to help students from grade three to five gain a better appreciation of nature. It features wildlife resources, nature notes, a special guide for teachers. The website is also in available in Spanish.
4) EcoKids from Earth Day Canada- EcoKids is a Canadian website by the people behind Earth Day Canada (EDC). It is another great environmental website targeted at kids. The site features online games, links for homework help, contests, and other printable resources for teachers, parents, and kids.
5) Make Waves from the Natural Resources Defense Council – NRDC‘s mission is to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all life depends.Their Make Waves page features great information games movies, and more
Those are just a few of the great resources available online to help your kids learn about green living, you can find hundreds of a great websites designed for children to learn how to live an eco-friendly liftstyle.