Beauty is something that each and every person wants to possess and flaunt. This, these days can be instantly and artificially achieved by opting for cosmetic plastic surgery, botox injections and other such methods, but not without any harm. They always result in some adverse effect or the other after a certain period of time. So it is best that we go for natural remedies to get our skin glowing without any harmful effects.
Some of the skin problems that can be treated with naturally available products:
Getting rid of brown spots:
- One of the tested and most used methods of lightening freckles on the face is, to apply the juice of lemon. Wipe off the lemon juice with a tissue and apply moisturizer on it. Do not try it if you have a sensitive skin.
- Apply curd or yogurt on the face and leave until dry and then wash off. Do this twice a week.
- Use masks made with apricots, cucumbers and strawberries to reduce those ugly freckles.
- Grind rice and mix the powder with milk and apply on the face and rub gently. But this is not to be followed when your skin is affected with acne.
- Applying olive oil before going o bed also helps a lot in removing dark spots.
- Rub a slice of red onion on the spots twice a day till the spots fade.
- Rub wet sandalwood on a rough surface and collect the paste. Apply it on the spots before going to bed and wash off the next morning.
Ways to lighten dark skin:
- Mix turmeric powder with lemon juice and almond oil and apply it on the skin and wash it off after ten or fifteen minutes. This removes the tan and makes the skin more lustrous.
- Apply thick curd on the face and wash off after it dries. Get a cube of ice and rub it on the tanned area till the ice melts completely. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Grind fresh mint leaves and apply it on the face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off. Continue doing this for a fortnight.
- Mix curd, oatmeal and tomato juice to a paste and apply it on the face. Rinse off after 20 minutes. This works to a great extent for removing the tan.
- Another good remedy for lightening the skin is to use gram flour mixed with raw milk and lemon juice on the face for 15 minutes. Do this once a week for a month.
Ironing out the wrinkles on the face the natural way:
- Odorless castor oil can do wonders to cure the wrinkles on your face. But make sure you don’t apply them under your eyes before going to bed as it may result in puffy eyes.
- Make a juice of apples or green pineapples and apply it daily on the skin continuously for fifteen days.
- Massage your face with coconut oil before going to bed. This prevents and reduces wrinkles.
- Always use cold water for washing your face as hot water as it may cause wrinkles on your skin.
- Application of a mixture of honey, olive oil and milk cream works well to iron out the wrinkles.
- A mixture of turmeric with sugarcane juice when applied on the skin helps preventing the formation of wrinkles.
The other useful way of keeping your skin young and healthy is to maintain a balanced diet and include all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and reduce all kinds of fried food. Keeping yourself away from the various causes of stres also helps in the maintenance of good skin, mind and body.